We believe in the redemptive power of Christ to help homeless youth find a home:
- By offering them the hospitality of Christ
- By journeying with them and encouraging transformational guidance
- By instilling in them hope to exit the streets and move toward a stable lifestyle
We operate fundamentally through God’s grace. Our staff, volunteers and board members trust God for His direction and provision for the ministry. Because of this:
- The staff, volunteers, and board members of Outreach, Inc. are committed to maintaining their personal relationships with Jesus Christ, and recognizing the central importance of exemplifying Christ to the youth we serve.
- We are motivated to serve in response to Christ’s call that “whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
- We are committed to developing relationships with youth, in addition to providing services. We also encourage youth to take personal responsibility for the consequences of their decisions, in an effort to help them make healthy choices.
- We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-eternal Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (John 14:15-21)
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He died on the cross, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. He rose in bodily form from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is the only mediator between God and man. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
- We believe that all scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, that the believer may be adequate, and equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe all people are made in the image of God, yet are sinners and are incapable of returning to God apart from grace. Salvation is through faith in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- We believe in one holy, universal and apostolic Church, which is called to worship God, preach the gospel, make disciples, promote righteousness and justice, and relieve human need. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We believe the Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins, renews our hearts, and causes the church and its people to grow in Christian maturity. (Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe that Christ will return to raise the dead, judge all people, and establish His glorious Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 15:20-28)