CEO Executive Assistant
About Outreach, Inc.
Outreach is a faith-based nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, IN that works with homeless
youth (ages 14-24) with the compassion of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower homeless youth and young adults to achieve stability and life transformation.
What We Believe
We operate fundamentally through God’s grace. Our staff, volunteers and board members trust God for His direction and provision for the ministry. Applicant must possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord, and Savior and model servant leadership.
The executive assistant provides high-level administrative support to Outreach’s CEO by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executive. The executive assistant coordinates daily calendars, plans appointments, and acts as the point of contact between the CEO and employees / vendors / donors / etc.
To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Coordinates CEO’s daily calendar, plans appointments, and acts as point of contact for CEO.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries. Determines who should be given access to specific individuals.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Facilitate internal communication
- Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Respond promptly to managers’ queries
- Maintains correspondence confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Organization Core Competencies
Outreach’s team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Dependency on God
Job Specific Core Competencies
- Communication Proficiency (via phone, email and in-person)
- Personal Effectiveness
- Stress Management/Composure
- Technical Capacity (email, document navigation, collecting information and creating reports)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Outreach also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility and adaptability. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and with a team.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an office environment. The individual is expected to maintain personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position with flexibility. Expect 25-30 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Individual is required to possess highly developed communication, organizational, time management, managerial, and social skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass a criminal background check in accordance with Outreach’s operating protocol.
Salary & Benefits
Hourly rate starting at $16/hr. Expect 25 – 30 hrs/week. No benefits. Flexibility in scheduling.
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and Outreach may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Lydia Speler by May 28th, 2018 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org