GOAL Female Underclassmen Case Manager
About Outreach, Inc.
Outreach is a faith-based nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, IN that works with homeless
youth (ages 14-24) with the compassion of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower homeless youth and young adults to achieve stability and life transformation.
What We Believe
We operate fundamentally through God’s grace. Our staff, volunteers and board members trust God for His direction and provision for the ministry. Applicant must possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord, and Savior and model servant leadership.
Outreach has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate youth worker to join our team. The GOAL Female Underclassmen Case Manager is a key member of the GOAL Team, a team of four staff serving nearly 100 homeless youth annually. The responsibility of this role is teaching and coaching youth in self-empowerment and self-advocacy with an end goal of high school graduation and post-secondary pursuits.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
- Responsible for collaboratively coaching youth in life skills development and self-advocacy.
- Intake all new female underclassmen referred to youth by the GOAL Manager.
- Responsible for providing transportation and accompanying youth to appointments as appropriate with an emphasis on developing the youth’s skills to navigate resources on their own.
- Meet youth at contracted schools including but not limited to IPS, Washington, Lawrence and Pike townships.
- Support youth’s self-determination and monitor progress of client’s academic goals.
- Check-in weekly with youth to provide support and on-going motivation toward goals.
- In collaboration with team members, plan, communicate, and provide wraparound services to assist youth with securing a network of support outside of Outreach.
- Oversees discharge planning of youth to ensure youth are transitioned to the appropriate post-Outreach destination.
- Relationally pursues interactions with youth to foster a sense of belonging, joy, social, physical and emotional safety in an individual context.
- Responsible for monitoring costs related to program budget and client meals.
- Co-facilitates Life Skills Curriculum by leading and/or supporting weekly programming.
- Collaboratively plans along with teammates and attends Senior Pictures, Quarterly GOAL Celebration Events, and college visits.
- Offer referrals or connect youth to resource partners or community agencies to meet long-term needs.
- Advocate for youth through community agencies, schools, employers, and court systems.
- Attend staff, team, and department meetings, including team trainings. Participate in quarterly team and individual evaluation. Attend biweekly 1-1 supervision meetings.
- Participates in annual youth events and programs which further Outreach’s mission and ensure sustainability of organization and its program offerings.
- Maintain accurate documentation of client and group interactions in database and provide regular reporting to supervisor.
- Responsible for 1 week per quarter of on-call rotation on Outreach’s Resource Line.
- Attend quarterly McKinney-Vento meetings.
- Attend local conferences and workshops that relate to homelessness.
Outreach’s team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Dependency on God
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity, confidentiality and be a team player. Outreach also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility and adaptability. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and with a team.
This position operates in an office environment. The individual is expected to maintain personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the potential to encounter unpredictable clients. Individuals must possess a working knowledge of de-escalation techniques and conflict resolution skills. The position has mostly an inside work environment and occasional outside work with exposure to weather conditions. This role requires a significant amount of driving and work onsite at contracted schools in the Indianapolis area.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position and requires the ability to be flexible in your day-to-day work schedule including evenings. Days and hours of work are subject to GOAL schedule. Outreach is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Preferred Education and Experience
- College Degree preferred but not required. Individuals who have training and experience may qualify as professionals in the field on a case by case basis.
- Requires at least 1-year of work or volunteer experience working for a community organization or a combination of volunteer, work, and educational experiences.
- Individual is required to possess highly developed relational, advocacy, conflict resolution, cultural competency and group facilitation skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
GOAL Program Manager
Salary & Benefits
$32,650 annually. Complete benefits package available including: health/vision/dental insurance, 3-weeks paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, paid sick days, and quarterly Spiritual Formation Days.
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and Outreach may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.
Please send cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org