About Outreach, Inc.
Outreach is a faith-based nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, IN that works with homeless
youth (ages 14-24) with the compassion of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower homeless youth and young adults to achieve stability and life transformation.
What We Believe
We operate fundamentally through God’s grace. Our staff, volunteers and board members trust God for His direction and provision for the ministry. Applicant must possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord, and Savior and model servant leadership.
This position is responsible for co-facilitating, planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs associated with Outreach’s programs, committees and departments. This position is also responsible for recruiting, training, organizing, and motivating individual volunteer staff.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers, various volunteer committees, departments and programs.
- Co-facilitates with specific department to ensure programmatic, organizational and administrative needs are met.
- Works closely with CIC Manager to align with Development partner strategy. Meets with prospective volunteers from Development stream.
- Administrative duties with recruitment, scheduling, orienting and training volunteers while ensuring assignments match the skills and needs of the requesting department.
- Maintains volunteer database with updated records on all volunteers.
- Implements Communication Strategy for all volunteers to promote engagement in the program and Outreach’s mission.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization. Assures that performance of volunteers is in compliance with established standards. Routinely evaluates volunteer staff.
- Develops and maintains a volunteer standards of protocol.
- Coordinates volunteers for annual youth events.
Outreach’s team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Dependency on God
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Outreach also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility and adaptability. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and with a team.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise the entire volunteer staff force.
This position operates in an office environment. The individual is expected to maintain personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position and requires the ability to be flexible in your day-to-day work schedule including evenings. Days and hours of work are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thursdays 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Evening hours are required and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree
- Two years of experience involving planning, coordinating and evaluating volunteer activities
- Individual is required to possess highly developed communication, collaboration, organizational, time management, managerial skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass a criminal background check in accordance with Outreach’s operating protocol.
VP of Operations
Salary & Benefits
$40,000 annually. Competitive health/vision/dental package and paid life insurance, 3-weeks paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid quarterly Spiritual Formation Days.
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and Outreach may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications close January 19th, 2018.